Our Vision, Ethos, Aims & Values
The Ipswich High School vision is to provide an exceptional education and experience for every individual.
Pupils and staff inspire, encourage and challenge one another in an inclusive and stimulating school community. An Ipswich High School education provides the skills, knowledge and understanding for every pupil to become a happy, successful and caring member of society.
Our ethos is to put the happiness and success of each pupil at the heart of everything we do.
We value the individual, providing opportunities for growth and nurturing interests, encouraging every pupil to be bold and to be themselves. Our pupils are aged 3 to 18 and we tailor our Diamond Model approach to the distinct needs of every individual.
- Recognise and value the individuality of each pupil
- Provide opportunities for each individual to develop their potential within a supportive, happy community
- Promote an enthusiasm for learning which will last throughout life
- Foster a sense of responsibility for others and respect for their needs and values
- Encourage self-confidence, integrity and self-discipline
- Provide a broad, balanced curriculum and a wide range of extra-curricular activities which promote the academic, moral, aesthetic, physical and social development of every pupil
- Promote adaptability, problem-solving and communication skills to enable our pupils to function well, either as individuals or as team members
We instil five core values in our pupils and students, which underpin everything we do.
We are Inspirational
and have Integrity